DISTRIBUTED CREATION INC. D/B/A SPLICE TIESTO CLUBLIFE REMIX
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR WHERE REGISTRATION OR BONDING REQUIRED.
These Official Rules (the “Rules”) govern your participation in the Splice Tiesto Clublife Contest (the “Contest”). Participation in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Rules as well as the Distributed Creation Inc. d/b/a Splice (“Splice”) Terms of Service posted at http://splice.com/terms (the “Terms”), so, it is important that you read and understand them. To the extent there is a conflict between these Rules and the Terms, these Rules will govern.
- Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored and run by Splice, headquartered at 35 East 21st Street, 4th Floor, New York, New York 10003.
- Entry Period. The Contest will go online at or about December 22, 2017, 12PM EST. You may enter the Contest by creating remixes using the stems provided on https://splice.com/clublifevol5 (the “Contest Page”) from December 22, 2017, 12PM EST until January 15, 2018 at 11:59PM EST.
- Eligibility. The Contest is offered only to natural persons at least 18 years of age and at least the age of majority in the person’s jurisdiction of residence as of the date of entry. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child between the ages of 13 and 18, you may enter the Contest on behalf of your child, in which case (i) both you and your child will be considered “you” for purposes of these Rules, and (ii) you are solely responsible and liable for ensuring your child’s full compliance with these Rules. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Splice, their respective shareholders, agents, representatives affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (“Splice Parties”), and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter, create and publish a remix of one or multiple clips that are available on the clublife profile page, https://splice.com/clublifevol5 (the “Stem”). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Rules, you are hereby granted a limited revocable, personal license to reproduce, distribute, and publicly perform your Entry(ies) to and through your accounts or channels on the following online service providers: YouTube and SoundCloud (each, a “Third Party Site”) for non-commercial purposes only. Sponsors and their licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in these Rules. Sponsors may terminate the rights granted in this Section immediately upon notice (via e-mail) to you if you breach these Rules. To enter, create and publish a remix using the stems provided and share your fully-mixed audio beat publicly via social media, using the hashtag #clubliferemixes (the “Hashtag”) (an “Entry”). Note that Entries shared privately on social media will not be eligible.
- Qualification. You may enter multiple times, but each individual or group entrant is only eligible for one prize. To be eligible for a prize (described in Section 6), an entrant or group of named entrants must comply with all provisions of these Rules. Splice reserves the right to ask you for evidence of such compliance. Splice reserves the right to evaluate each Entry’s eligibility under the Rules as well as for compliance with any and all applicable laws. Entries may be disqualified from the Contest at Splice’s discretion.
- Prizes. One (1) grand prize and two (2) runner-up prizes will be awarded by the judges based on the criteria outlined in Section 7. The grand prize will consist of a release on Musical Freedom, a limited edition copy of the CLUBLIFE CD, a CLUBLIFE vinyl bundle and a t-shirt. Each runner-up prize will consist of a limited edition copy of the CLUBLIFE CD, a CLUBLIFE vinyl bundle, and a t-shirt. The approximate retail value of each prize is $100.
All prize expenses and/or services not specified herein are not included and are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). No alternative prize, cash equivalent, or other substitution is permitted except by Splice, at Splice’s sole discretion, in the event of prize unavailability. Prizes are nontransferable. All federal, provincial, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Judging. The winners will be chosen by Tiesto. Tiesto will judge entrants by the originality, quality, and creativity of their Entries.
- Final Decision. All grading decisions are final. Splice may disqualify any Entry that is, in Splice’s discretion, inappropriate, offensive or demeaning to Splice’s reputation or goodwill, or contrary to Splice’s mission or these Rules. Once the grading of the Entries is complete, Splice will notify the winners. If a winner fails to respond within 14 days of the date of the notification, that winner will be disqualified and the next highest scoring remix will be selected as an alternate winner for the applicable prize and notified according to this procedure.
- Indemnification. By submitting an Entry, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Splice Parties harmless from: (a) any and all claims, demands, causes of action and judgments (including attorney’s fees, court costs and expert’s fees) arising out of or relating to any breach by you of the terms and conditions of these Rules, including any representations and warranties; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (c) any condition caused by events beyond Splice’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest; and (e) any other losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- General Terms and Conditions. Splice reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Contest at any time if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Contest. Splice may revise these Rules at any time in their sole discretion by posting an updated version. Any Rules changes will be effective upon posting, and your continued participation in the Contest after a change to these Rules constitutes your binding acceptance of these Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and Splice in connection with the Contest, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action arising out of or related to this Agreement will be either the state or federal courts in New York, New York, and you agree and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of these courts. The Splice Parties are express third party beneficiaries of Section 9 of these Rules.
- Winners List/ Rules. A copy of these Rules and a winners list may be obtained by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for winners list must be received by January 26, 2018.