Samples and Presets from the Splice Sounds library download directly through the Splice desktop application. Content will download to the desktop app, and to your Splice folder, if you are on the latest version of the desktop app. They won't download to your computer's download folder.
(Please note that Serum presets will download directly to a new "Splice" folder within your Serum presets folder, not to your default Splice folder. Check out this article for more information about downloading presets and adding them to your VST: Loading Synth Presets From Splice)
Presets can be accessed in the Presets section of your Splice application, and Sounds can be accessed from the Samples section.
Best Practices for Downloading Sounds and Presets:
- Please be sure you have the Splice application installed and launched (Grab the latest installer here.)
- Please be sure you have an active and up-to-date Splice Sounds subscription on the account you're attempting to download Samples and Presets. (You can view the status of your plans here.)
- Please be sure you're logged into the Splice application and website with the same credentials/account. (You can read our article on logging in here.)
- Please be sure your Splice Folder is linked to the Splice application. (If you receive a yellow exclamation point error when attempting to download content, this is usually an indication your Splice folder is not linked to the application.) You can set a new folder, and find your current folder location in the Preferences of the Splice desktop application:
- If your Splice folder is located on an external hard drive, please be sure the hard drive is mounted and turned on prior to launching the Splice application and downloading content.
- Be sure there aren't any network monitoring, firewall and/or anti-virus apps blocking the Splice application. (For example, Avast, Bit Defender, Little Snitch, Norton, McAfee, CCleaner, AdBlock Master or another antivirus or VPN software.) Additionally, be sure you have a stable network connection.
- When downloading from the Splice website, please be sure you're using a tab or page you've recently interacted with. Timed out webpages can cause issues with downloading, so be sure to refresh the page.