DISTRIBUTED CREATION INC. D/B/A SPLICE BEAT-MAKING CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR WHERE REGISTRATION OR BONDING REQUIRED.
These Official Rules (the “Rules”) govern your participation in the Splice Beat-Making Contest (the “Contest”). Participation in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Rules as well as the Distributed Creation Inc. d/b/a Splice (“Splice”) Terms of Service posted at http://splice.com/terms (the “Terms”), so, it is important that you read and understand them. To the extent there is a conflict between these Rules and the Terms, these Rules will govern.
- Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored and run by Splice, headquartered at 36 East 20th Street, 4th Floor, New York, New York 10003.
- Entry Period. The Contest will go online at or about [START TIME], [DATE]. You may enter the Contest by creating beats using the samples provided on [URL] (the “Contest Page”) from [START TIME],[DATE] until [END TIME], [DATE].
- Eligibility. The Contest is offered only to natural persons at least 18 years of age and at least the age of majority in the person’s jurisdiction of residence as of the date of entry. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child between the ages of 13 and 18, you may enter the Contest on behalf of your child, in which case (i) both you and your child will be considered “you” for purposes of these Rules, and (ii) you are solely responsible and liable for ensuring your child’s full compliance with these Rules. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Splice, their respective shareholders, agents, representatives affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (“Splice Parties”), and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter, create and publish a beat using the samples and sequencer provided on the Contest Page (the “Samples”) and share your fully-mixed audio beat publicly via social media, using the hashtag [INSERT HASHTAG] (the “Hashtag”) (an “Entry”). Note that Entries shared privately on social media will not be eligible.
- Qualification. You may enter multiple times, but each individual or group entrant is only eligible for one prize. To be eligible for a prize (described in Section 6), an entrant or group of named entrants must comply with all provisions of these Rules. Splice reserves the right to ask you for evidence of such compliance. Splice reserves the right to evaluate each Entry’s eligibility under the Rules as well as for compliance with any and all applicable laws. Entries may be disqualified from the Contest at Splice’s discretion.
- Prizes. Three (3) prizes will be awarded by the judges based on the criteria outlined in Section 7. Each prize will consist of [FabFiler VST plugins and a subscription to Splice Sounds]. The approximate retail value of each prize is $100. All prize expenses and/or services not specified herein are not included and are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). No alternative prize, cash equivalent, or other substitution is permitted except by Splice, at Splice’s sole discretion, in the event of prize unavailability. Prizes are nontransferable. All federal, provincial, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Judging. The winners will be chosen by [Splice]. [Splice] will judge entrants by the originality, quality, and creativity of their Entries.
- Final Decision. All grading decisions are final. Splice may disqualify any Entry that is, in Splice’s discretion, inappropriate, offensive or demeaning to Splice’s reputation or goodwill, or contrary to Splice’s mission or these Rules. Once the grading of the Entries is complete, Splice will notify the winners via [social media using the social media account used to submit the Entry]. If a winner fails to respond within 14 days of the date of the notification, that winner will be disqualified and the next highest scoring remix will be selected as an alternate winner for the applicable prize and notified according to this procedure.
- Indemnification. By submitting an Entry, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Splice Parties harmless from: (a) any and all claims, demands, causes of action and judgments (including attorney’s fees, court costs and expert’s fees) arising out of or relating to any breach by you of the terms and conditions of these Rules, including any representations and warranties; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (c) any condition caused by events beyond Splice’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest; and (e) any other losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- General Terms and Conditions. Splice reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Contest at any time if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Contest. Splice may revise these Rules at any time in their sole discretion by posting an updated version. Any Rules changes will be effective upon posting, and your continued participation in the Contest after a change to these Rules constitutes your binding acceptance of these Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and Splice in connection with the Contest, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action arising out of or related to this Agreement will be either the state or federal courts in New York, New York, and you agree and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of these courts. The Splice Parties are express third party beneficiaries of Section 9 of these Rules.
- Winners List/ Rules. A copy of these Rules and a winners list may be obtained by sending an email request to email@example.com. Requests for winners list must be received by [DATE AT LEAST 30 DAYS AFTER END OF CONTEST].