ARE WE DREAMING PRODUCER CHALLENGE CONTEST RULES
DISTRIBUTED CREATION INC. D/B/A SPLICE AND LAUREN ZETTLER ARE WE DREAMING PRODUCERS CHALLENGE
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR WHERE REGISTRATION OR BONDING REQUIRED.
These Official Rules (the “Rules”) govern your participation in the Are We Dreaming Producers Challenge (the “Contest”). Participation in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Rules as well as the Distributed Creation Inc. d/b/a Splice (“Splice”) Terms of Service posted at http://splice.com/terms (the “Terms”), so, it is important that you read and understand them. To the extent there is a conflict between these Rules and the Terms, these Rules will govern.
Summary of Material Terms. As provided in greater detail in these Rules (and without limiting the express language of these Rules), you acknowledge that you may not use any third party’s content in your Entry unless you have the express permission of that third party or the content is in the public domain.
- Sponsor. The Contest is sponsored and run by Splice, headquartered at 35 East 21st Street, 4th Floor, New York, New York 10003.
- Entry Period. The Contest’s audio elements will go online at or about 12:00 PM, March 12th, 2018. You may enter the Contest by creating remixes on https://splice.com/LZettler/getaway-producer-challenge (the “Contest Page”) from 12:00 PM, March 12th until April 9th, 2018.
- Eligibility. The Contest is offered only to natural persons at least 18 years of age and at least the age of majority in the person’s jurisdiction of residence as of the date of entry. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child between the ages of 13 and 18, you may enter the Contest on behalf of your child, in which case (i) both you and your child will be considered “you” for purposes of these Rules, and (ii) you are solely responsible and liable for ensuring your child’s full compliance with these Rules. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Splice, its respective shareholders, agents, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (“Splice Parties”), and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- How to Enter; License Grant to You. Splice offers you a chance to engage in a creative dialogue with Label’s recording artist, Lauren Zettler.
- How to Enter. To enter, create and publish a remix of Lauren Zettler Are We Dreaming clip that is available on the Contest Page (the “Stem”). Entries must be submitted through the Contest Page.
- License to Stem. Solely to create an entry, you may download, reproduce, edit, distribute, publicly perform and create derivative works of the Stem to create an original fully-mixed audio remix of the Stem using the Splice platform (such platform, the “Platform”) (an “Entry”). The Stems are provided for the purpose of the identified Contest only. No further rights are granted in the Stems or vested in you by the act of downloading the Stems.
- Permitted Materials. In addition to the Stem, you may include in your Entry music you create yourself, material in the public domain, and/or other material for which you have express permission to use and license in accordance with these Rules. Elements added by you must not include any viruses, worms, spyware, Trojan horses, malware, or other computer programming routines that may damage or detrimentally interfere with any computer or other device. By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that the content in your Entry is remixed by you. IF YOU USE CONTENT THAT YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO USE, YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ENTER THIS CONTEST AND YOUR ENTRY WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE DISQUALIFIED BY SPLICE AND NOT CONSIDERED BY THE JUDGES OR THE COMMUNITY.
- Qualification. You may enter multiple times, but each individual or group entrant is only eligible for one prize. To be eligible for a prize (described in Section 9), an entrant or group of named entrants must comply with all provisions of these Rules. Splice reserves the right to ask you for evidence of such compliance, especially with respect to Section 5.c. Splice reserves the right to evaluate each Entry’s eligibility under the Rules as well as for compliance with the U.S. Copyright Act and any and all other applicable laws. Entries may be removed from the Contest Page and disqualified from the Contest at Splice’s discretion.
- Format of Entries; License Grant and Ownership. You retain all rights in your Entry. By entering this Contest, you grant Splice a perpetual, irrevocable royalty-free, worldwide license to use and exploit your Entry on the Platform However, Splice will not commercially exploit any non-winning Entry without your prior consent. By entering this Contest, you agree: (a) that Splice has the right to use your Entry and your name and likeness in any and all media in and in connection with promotion, publicity, marketing and advertising for and by Splice, and in connection with this Contest or other promotions by Splice as Splice sees fit without any further notification or compensation to or of you; (b) that Splice has no obligation (express or implied) to use any Entries in any manner and you will not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Splice’s use or non-use of an Entry; and (c) to be bound by these Rules. By entering this Contest, you agree to sign and deliver to Splice such documents as Splice may reasonably require in connection with this Rules.
- What Others May Do With Your Entries. All eligible entries will be made available to the Platform’s registered users (the “Community”) for voting.
- [Prizes. One (1) Judge’s Grand Prize winner and one (1) Community Grand Prize winner will be determined by the criteria outlined in Section 11.
- Judge’s Grand Prize (One (1) will be awarded): Two hundred and fifty (250) USD (ARV $250.00) and a 1 year Subscription to Splice Sound (ARV $96.00). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Judge’s Grand Prize is $346.00 (USD).
- Runner Up Prize (One (1) will be awarded): a 6 month Subscription to Splice Sound (ARV $48.00). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Community Grand Prize is $48.00 (USD).
- Community Grand Prize (One (1) will be awarded): a 1 year Subscription to Splice Sound (ARV $96.00). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Community Grand Prize is $96.00 (USD).
All prize expenses and/or services not specified herein are not included and are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). No alternative prize, cash equivalent, or other substitution is permitted except by Splice, at Splice’s sole discretion, in the event of prize unavailability. Prizes are nontransferable. All federal, provincial, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Judging. The Judge’s Grand Prize winner will be chosen by Lauren Zettler. Lauren Zettler will judge entrants by the originality and quality of their Entries. The Community Grand Prize winner will be determined by the number of votes an Entry obtains from the Community, subject to Contest eligibility. The Community will judge Entries by originality and quality; the Entry with the most “likes” on the Platform will win the Community Grand Prize.
- Final Decision. All grading decisions are final. Splice may disqualify any Entry that is, in Splice’s discretion, inappropriate, offensive or demeaning to Splice’s reputation or goodwill, or contrary to Splice’s mission or these Rules. Once the grading of the Entries is complete, Splice will notify the winners via email using the information submitted by the entrants in their Splice user profile. If a winner fails to respond within 14 days of the date of the notification, that winner will be disqualified and the next highest scoring remix will be selected as an alternate winner for the applicable prize and notified according to this procedure.
- Indemnification. By submitting an Entry, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Splice Parties harmless from: (a) any and all claims, demands, causes of action and judgments (including attorney’s fees, court costs and expert’s fees) arising out of or relating to any breach by you of the terms and conditions of these Rules, including any representations and warranties; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (c) any condition caused by events beyond Splice’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest; and (e) any other losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest or acceptance of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- General Terms and Conditions. Splice reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel Contest at any time if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Contest. Splice may revise these Rules at any time in their sole discretion by posting an updated version. Any Rules changes will be effective upon posting, and your continued participation in the Contest after a change to these Rules constitutes your binding acceptance of these Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Splice in connection with the Contest, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action arising out of or related to this Agreement will be either the state or federal courts in New York, New York, and you agree and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of these courts. The Splice Parties are express third party beneficiaries of Section 12 of these Rules.
- Winners List/ Rules. A copy of these Rules and a winners list may be obtained by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for winners list must be received by June 25th, 2018.