How does the Bitwig Studio Rent-to-Own plan work?
- When you sign up for a Rent-to-Own plan (RtO), you will pay monthly to have access to Bitwig until you've fully paid off the total amount. When you’ve made your final payment, you’ll be provided with a lifetime license key and own the software. Find more information on activating your lifetime license here.
What are the minimum requirements to use Bitwig Studio on RtO?
- While on RtO your system must meet the requirements for the Splice desktop application. The app will need to authorize Bitwig Studio every three(3) days until you make your final payment. Additionally you will need:
- Bitwig Studio 4.2.2 or later
- The Splice app must be running
- An active internet connection
- A Bitwig user account
How does the Bitwig Studio trial period work?
- The Bitwig Studio plan begins with a 30-day trial period. The trial period will offer the complete range of Bitwig features, and will be the most up-to-date version of the software. The Splice app will need to be connected to the internet every 3 days during the trial.
Can I use Bitwig offline?
- Bitwig must be authorized every three days via the Splice desktop app and an active internet connection. As long as this has happened, you can use Bitwig offline.
What happens if I cancel my plan?
- If you cancel your RtO subscription, you will have access to the product until the end of your current billing cycle. After that, you will not be able to access the product. If you resubscribe at any time, your previous payments will pick up where they left off.
My payment for Bitwig Studio has been declined — what happens now?
- If your payment was declined, you will lose access to your DAW until your payment is processed again. However, you will not lose any payment progress.
Where can I view my payment progress for Bitwig Studio?
- You can view your progress on your Bitwig payment progress page, found here.