If you are on a Mac machine and having issues downloading samples, follow the steps below: If you are a Windows user, click here.
First, please note that an active Splice subscription is required to re-download your samples. Please confirm that you are signed into an account with an active subscription before attempting to download samples from your library. You can see the account you’re logged into via your Preferences in the desktop app. This can be accessed via the icon at the top right of the desktop app.
Once you’ve verified that you’re logged into an account with an active subscription, please follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Uninstall and reinstall the desktop app. You can get the latest installer here: splice.com/download
- Confirm you have enough space on your hard drive.
- Clear the Splice app cache. To do this, please follow the below instructions:
- Open Finder and hold down Shift + CMD + G. Then paste this: ~/Library/Application Support/com.splice.Splice
- Delete the entire com.splice.Splice folder, restart your machine, and then relaunch the Splice app.
- Check that any network monitoring or anti-virus programs are not blocking the Splice app from installing. More information on how to whitelist applications or disable the software can be found here.
- Grant write permissions for your Splice folder. To do this, please follow the below instructions:
- Navigate to your Splice app preferences and note the file path for the folder you’re currently syncing to Splice. Click on the folder file path in the Splice app to be brought to the folder in Finder.
- Right-click the folder in Finder, select Get Info, and under Sharing & Permissions grant your Mac user account Read & Write privileges.
- Repeat this for every folder in the file path the folder you’re syncing to Splice is located in.
If you are still having issues after trying these steps, please create a set of desktop logs and send them to us via our Support Form, along with a description of the issue. To download your logs:
- Click the user icon in the top right
- Click Preferences
- Click Download Logs
- A file named SpliceLogs<your Splice username>.zip will be created on your desktop; please attach this file to your request.